If you’re craving apple pie, like I was today, here is a super fast and delicious recipe. With an apple peeler, you can have this cooking in about 10 minutes, seriously. It’s that easy.
I can’t take credit for this recipe, it’s not my own creation. My friend Nela posted it in a Facebook recipe group. It looked so good I wanted to try it. So, here we are.
I’d recommend an apple peeler. I have this one. It’s under $25 USD on Amazon and made very quick work of peeling and cutting the apples. More on the cutting below. You can find the peeler here.
Start by placing your pie crust into your pie dish. I use ready made crusts that simply unroll. Form it to your pie dish.
Add the apple sauce and evenly spread it on the bottom of the crust.
Next, peel and core your apples. Once peeled, you’ll want to slice them pretty thin and evenly. If you use a peeler, you can peel, core, and spiral cut the apples in about 10 seconds each. Once you remove the apple from the peeler, simply slice between each spiral to cut the slice it free. You’ll end up with a bunch of perfectly cut apple slices.
Arrange your apples in a spiral, partially upright, arrangement. Once you go around the outside once, just fill in the center as neatly as yo can (see picture). It doesn’t need to be perfect.
Top with as much cinnamon as you like.
Bake at 350 F for about 40 – 45 minutes. Start checking at 35 minutes. If the crust is getting too brown, you can use a pie ring or foil to cover just the edge of the pie.
When done cooking, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool. Once cooled, add the glaze by drizzling it over the top of the pie with a large spoon. What is glaze you ask? I had to ask. It’s less popular in the USA but it can be found on Amazon. It’s used for coating fruit to make it shinny and more appealing. You can order it on Amazon.
The only step left is to eat and enjoy!
- 4-5 apples of your choice, a sweeter apple might be best for this recipe but any will work
- 1 ready made pie crust
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- Cinnamon, as much as you want
- 1 packet (0.35 oz) of glaze, you’ll need a little less but that is the pack size I found.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Let pie crust come up to room temperature then form into pie dish.
- Add applesauce and spread evenly across bottom of crust.
- Peel, core, and slice apples evenly. Arrange apples, partially upright, in a circular pattern, in the pie dish.
- Top with cinnamon. Use as much as you like.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until apples are cooked. Start checking at 35 minutes as time will vary based on the thickness of the apple slices and how they’re arranged in the dish. Remove from oven.
- Let cool then add glaze, as directed on package.