A quick and easy Instant Pot recipe. What kind of voodoo happens in that pot when you close the lid. How can anything that tastes so good, cook so fast! A few simple ingredients and you have an amazing dinner! If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, you might be on a short list They are becoming ever more popular and I can see why. Easy, fast, and yummy! What more could you want in cooking?
A few simple ingredients is all that is needed. Starting off, you’ll brown some beef in sauté mode.
Drain the fat. I like to push the beef to one side, tip the pot, and put a few rolled up paper towels in puddle of fat. The paper towels make it easy to just soak up the grease. Then you can just toss in the trash without it leaking. Definitely don’t put it down the drain.
Add garlic, red wine, broth, pasta sauce, and pasta. Mix and cook.
Depending on your pasta choice, times will vary. No problem though, if the pasta is al dente, you can just put the cover back on and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 1-3/4 cups beef or chicken stock
- 8 ounces campanelle pasta
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Basil leaves & Parsley to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Set Instant Pot on high, sauté mode. Heat olive oil; add ground beef and brown, about 5 minutes. Crumble beef as it cooks. Drain excess fat. See tip above.
- Stir in wine. Deglaze any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in pasta sauce, beef stock, garlic, and pasta; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Select manual setting, adjusting pressure to high. Set time for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, check pasta for doneness. Cook an additional 5 minutes, if needed.
- When finished cooking, release steam.
- Plate. Sprinkle with basil or parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.