The herb rub used to coat the chicken is inspired by my daughter Paige. It’s her “World Famous Chicken” recipe. The only difference is I put the chicken between a couple slices of bread. 😀
It really came out tasty. You can add more or less seasonings based on how spicy you like your food. I added extra chili powder and cumin to give it a little extra bite. 🔥
All that is required is to add equal parts seasonings, adjusting to taste. Then mix in some olive oil to create a paste-like consistency.
Adjust amounts based on how many breasts you’re making and to taste.
- Red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil (enough to make the mixture paste-like)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Bread (enough slices for the amount of sandwiches you’re making)
- Butter or margarine
- Sandwich toppings (mayonnaise, lettuce, cheese, tomato, etc.)
- Simply add all the dry ingredients, adjusting to taste.
- Add enough olive oil to make a paste-like mixture.
- Coat chicken evenly with mixture and cook in air fryer at 380F until done, about 20 minutes. No need to turn during cooking.
- While chicken is cooking, spread butter on both sides of the bread. In a pan, toast bread until golden brown, flip and repeat so both sides are toasted.
- Place chicken between slices of bread, adding your favorite toppings.
- Plate and serve.