With only a few ingredients, this is a really easy recipe to make. Not to mention it tastes great too! It’s sure to be a hit with your breakfast guests.
This can be made with whatever kind of bread you prefer. I wanted a little thicker slice of bread, so I made my own. It is also pretty easy to make. If you decide to make your own bread, you’ll want to do it the day before. It takes a couple hours.
Start by laying out the slices of bread you’ll use. Believe it or not, the bread will work better if it’s a tiny bit stale.
Next is you’ll need to mix all the ingredients together. Very simple, right?
I like to mix in a bowl and then pour the mixture into a shallow pan for soaking the bread. I find a pie tin works well.
Next, you’ll just dunk your bread in the mixture to coat, then brown on both sides in a skillet. It’s really just that simple!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 8 slices of bread, you can use any kind
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Whisk in the milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until mixed well.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip one slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing to soak for 3 seconds on each side. Allow excess to drain off, then add to the heated pan.
- Fry until golden browned on the bottom, then flip and cook until golden brown, about 3 mins on each side. Add as many slices to the pan as it can comfortably fit.
- Keep warm in 200F oven or toaster oven as you cook the rest.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
- Serve warm with maple syrup. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Makes 4 servings.