I try to cook as much I can in an air fryer to avoid the extra fat of pan frying. This Chicken Parmesan recipe comes out as good, or better than pan frying. Add to your favorite pasta and sauce for a delicious, lower calorie, version of an Italian Classic 🇮🇹 🍝
It’s as simple as cutting the chicken breast in half to make 2 thinner breasts.
Dredge the chicken in egg and seasoned panko breadcrumbs. Then put in your air fryer basket.
Cook chicken until almost done. Top with sauce and cheese and continue cooking for 3 minutes. There is a link to a great sauce recipe below.
Place the chicken on top of your favorite pasta and sauce to complete this fabulous classic!
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
If you are looking for a great, authentic sauce, try Anthony’s Pasta Sauce, Meatballs, Sausage and Braciole Recipe.
- Start cooking the pasta according to the package directions.
- Add seasonings and Parmesan cheese to breadcrumbs, mix.
- Cut chicken breast in half to form 2 thinner breasts.
- Dredge chicken breasts in egg then breadcrumb mixture, coating the breasts completely with crumbs.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in the air fryer basket. Spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray to form a nice, golden brown crust.
- Cook at 400 F for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, top breasts with sauce and parmesan cheese. Return to air fryer and continue cooking an additional 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and turning a nice golden color.
- Remove the chicken and place on top of your favorite pasta. Serve with extra sauce.
Makes 2 servings.