Because of the quarantine, my eating habits have gotten worse. I buy groceries online instead of being able to browse the fruit and produce aisle. That browsing is where I come up with my meal ideas – on the fly, what looks good? It’s hard to do that looking at an app on a phone.
So, I looked around to see what I had that is a little healthier to eat. I am swimming in lettuce, because it’s a staple of mine, so I figured I’d start with that. In the freezer I had broccoli, corn, and also a haddock filet (for a little protein). Presto! Plenty of stuff to make a nice, healthy salad 👍🥗😋. The dressing is easy enough to make too!
Dressing (taste as you go and adjust to your preference)
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons red wine vinegar (taste after adding 1)
- Juice from 1/2 a fresh lemon (garnish with other half)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce (as much as you want to use)
- Vegetables of your choice, sliced or chopped (as much as you want to use)
- 1 haddock filet
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon season sat
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Lay haddock, skin side down, and evenly sprinkle dry ingredients over the filet.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F for 3 minutes.
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add haddock to basket and cook until the filet flakes easily, about 10 minutes.
- Precook any vegetables that need to be cooked and let chill in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, toss your salad ingredients together and plate.
- Add desired amount of dressing then place haddock on top.
Serve & Enjoy! 😀
Makes 1 serving.