Two of my all-time-favorite appetizers! Cooking them in an air fryer is easy and they come out just like your favorite pub, but with less calories. This combination of Hot & Spicy with Hot & Cheesy can’t go wrong. Toss in some bacon bits, and you have an instant winner! 😁 “Winner, winner, chicken tender and potato skin dinner!”
These two appetizers are very straight forward. The ingredients don’t have quantities, it’s just a list of what you’ll need. Use the amounts needed based on how many chicken tenders and potato skins you are making.
Below assumes you’re making both appetizers at the same time. If you only want one, skip the ingredients and steps that don’t pertain.
- Baking potatoes, cooked (I microwave mine for about 8 minutes)
- Bacon bits
- Chicken strips or tenders
- Egg, scrambled
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Franks hot sauce
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing (optional)
- Celery or Carrot sticks (optional)
- Sour-cream (optional)
- Chives (optional)
- Slice cooked potatoes in half longways. Scoop out potatoes, leaving about 1/4″ thickness still inside. Be careful to not scoop right through the skin.
- Spray potato halves with cooking spray and place in 400 F preheated air fryer. Fry until they start to get golden brown, flipping once while cooking (about 7 minutes per side). When done, remove from air fryer and set aside.
- While the potatoes are “frying”, follow the next steps.
- Add some breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Scramble egg.
- Dip chicken in egg, coating all sides evenly, then coat with breadbrumbs (or shake in a bag). Shake off excess.
- With the potatoes done and removed, add the coated chicken to the air fryer. Fry at 400 F until done, about 10-15 minutes for tenders. Turn chicken 1/2 way through cooking. They should end up fairly crispy.
- Remove chicken when fully cooked.
- Add desired amount of cheese and bacon bits to potatoes. Cook in the air fryer until the cheese is hot and bubbly. About 4 minutes. Remove.
- Toss chicken in Franks hot sauce.
Plate and enjoy!
OPTIONAL: Serve skins with sour-cream & chives. Serve chicken tenders with blue cheese/ranch dressing and celery or carrots.