A great alternative to plain pasta. It’s easy to make and also healthy.
For an even more filling meal, add some grilled or roasted chicken!
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups (about 10-12 stalks) asparagus cut into bite-sized pieces, woody ends discarded.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Pinch of basil and parsley to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large pan over medium-low heat. Add butter and garlic. Cook until garlic starts to brown, about 3 minutes
- Add asparagus and wine to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Adjust cooking time depending on your doneness preference.
- Keep warm on lowest heat if pasta is still cooking.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan with asparagus & butter. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the pan. Toss until combined.
- Plate and top with Parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
Makes about 2 servings.
I estimate this dish to be about 420 calories per serving.