Comfort food at its finest. Shepard’s Pie is quick and easy to make with minimal cleanup 😊. This hearty and filling meal will be sure to please your tastebuds (and your family or friends 🤤)!
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled (optional) and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup of corn
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cut potatoes into quarters and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Using a potato masher or mixer, slowly blend milk, garlic, and butter into potatoes until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a cast iron skillet, brown ground beef and drain.
- Tip: I like to tilt the skillet to one side, push the meat to the top side and use a few rolled up paper towels to absorb the fat. This method makes it easy to discard in the trash.
- Add the corn to the ground beef and stir to mix evenly.
- Layer the mashed potatoes on top of the ground beef to fully cover.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake until cheese is golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
BE CAUTIOUS. SKILLET HANDLE WILL BE EXTREMELY HOT!
Serve and enjoy!
Makes about 6 servings.